The Conservation District of Southern Nevada invites all public, private and home schooled students in grades K – 12 to participate in the annual National Association of Conservation Districts 2021 Poster Contest with the theme “Healthy Forests, Healthy Communities.” See the attached documents and the links below for tips, rules, required consent form, and additional information.
- Grade level categories include K - 1; 2 - 3; 4 - 6; 7 - 9; 10 - 12.
- Entries and signed entry forms need to be submitted to the Conservation District of Southern Nevada at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 27 October 2021.
- Entries and signed entry forms must be submitted digitally as photographs or scanned copies in a JPEG format.
- One selection will be made in each grade group to be submitted to the Nevada State Association of Conservation Districts and one selection in each grade group at the state level will be sent to the National Association of Conservation Districts.
- Please make sure the student name, parent/guardian name, parent/guardian email and phone number, and all other information are clear and legible on the entry form.
- For the School/Group/Organization section please enter the school name (or home-schooled) and the contact (teacher or parent) information.
The Conservation District of Southern Nevada will provide a TBD award for the selected posters and they will also be posted on their website cdsn.org. For additional questions, contact Mark Damron with the Conservation District. Email: email@example.com
Apologies for the late notice but we just received this information on Monday.
· Main page with contest resources: https://www.nacdnet.org/general-resources/stewardship-and-education-materials/contests/ Scroll down to the 2021 information.
· Educational materials that can accompany the poster competition: https://www.nacdnet.org/general-resources/stewardship-and-education-materials/2021-healthy-forests-healthy-communities/
· Store for free downloads on materials mentioned in the above link: https://www.nacdnet.org/store/
Supervisor, Conservation District of Southern Nevada