Robotics Academy of Nevada Educator Training in Elko and Reno (Elko June 13-15, Reno on June 17-18, and Las Vegas June 2-4).
As of today, we have over 50 educators planning to attend this inaugural event in Elko June 13 – 15 (hosted at Great Basin College) and over 100 signed up in Reno. If you know anyone who would like to attend, please share widely! We are excited to reach and support our rural and Northern Nevada teachers and educators with STEM and robotics education! We have over 300 teachers signed up statewide (and half are up north)!
This training is free and open to teachers and any youth serving professionals who are new to educational and competitive robotics designed for kids grades PK-12. We have 7 different courses you can choose from - both FIRST and VEX robotics.
What you get in addition to PK-12 robotic training:
- All teachers (both in-service and pre-service) and youth-serving professionals can earn PD hours or attendance stipends $200 or $400.
- Eligible public/charter schools may qualify for a New Team Stipend ($300) by starting a new competitive robotics team or adding a new platform to a school that does not currently have a team
- Eligible public/charter schools may qualify for free robots from FIRST Nevada or the REC Foundation (VEX robots)
- Travel stipends (up to $500) are available for those educators who travel more than 50 miles to the training site.
- Access to our free Robot Lending Library (RLL) post-training as we have over 200 robots to share across the state.
You can see our RAN flyer on our website - https://nevadarobotics.org/
You can sign-up using this google form link https://forms.gle/5GRgoTLBA4rKSjQ57
For more information please contact:
A.J. Long (She / Her)
STEM & Robotics Education Manager
Desert Research Institute
2215 Raggio Parkway
Reno, NV 89512
Nevada Robotics Website